Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Google has finally dropped most FAQ rich results from the search results. Google is now promoting the SGE experiment in the traditional search results. Google Maps and local is testing showing third party reviews. Google is testing trending labels in the Explore Brand section. Google product search has zoomable product images.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Threads:
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
- Google is cutting hundreds of jobs in its recruiting organization, CNBC
- Google, Apple, Meta Control Most of US Internet Usage, Bloomberg
- In Antitrust Trial, Former Google Employee Details History of Search Deals, New York Times
- CEOs from Alphabet, Walmart, Pfizer meet White House officials on refugees, Yahoo Finance
- Google Moves to Cancel Voice-to-Text, Virtual Keyboard Patents, Bloomberg
Links & Content Marketing
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Have feedback on this daily recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, on Threads, Mastodon and Bluesky and you can follow us on Facebook and on Google News and make sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or just contact us the old fashion way.